I will never turn my back on the ocean.
我絕對不會背對著大海.
(也就是絕對不會用屁眼看浪)
I will always paddle back out.
就算失敗, 歪爆了, 我還是會再一次划出去.
I will take the drop with commitment.
我會帶著堅定的意志下浪.
I will know that there will always be another wave.
我知道總是會有下一波好浪.
I will realize that all surfers are joined by one ocean.
我明白所有的浪人都相連在同一片海洋裡.
I will paddle around the impact zone.
我會划水繞過有浪花的地方.
(這很重要, 不要自己擋到人還不知道)
I will never fight a riptide.
我絕對不會跟海流硬碰硬.
I will watch out for other surfers after a big set.
大浪過後, 我會留意其他剛剛也在海上的浪人.
I will pass on my stoke to a non-surfer.
我會用衝浪的熱情來感染還不會衝浪的朋友.
I will ride and not paddle in to shore.
我會衝一道"回家浪", 而不是用手划回岸上.
I will a catch a wave every day, even in my mind.
我會天天下一道浪, 就算是用想像的也爽.
I will honor the sport of kings.
我會讓這項運動之王因為我更顯榮耀.
I have traveled all over the world and surfed many of the world's most dangerous waves. Here are 12 simple yet important lessons that surfing has taught me about riding through life.
我在環遊世界的旅程中, 衝了許多世界上最危險的浪.
以上12個簡單但非常重要的課題是我在衝浪生涯中所領悟到的衝浪之道.
-Shaun Tomson
這是很久以前在chris葛格的
SummerPoint部落格看到的一篇文章
後來在偶像
水哥的部落格又看到了一次
值得每位有接觸過衝浪的人深思, 不管是老手
還是像我一樣的新手
那為什麼要PO文勒?
好像是我昨天晚上又做夢了, 可我忘了是什麼春夢
總之我今天起床, 滿腦子都是這件事
今天還帶去上班, 偷偷翻譯, 哈哈
最後一定要來一句
KEEP SURFING!